Friday, April 25, 2014

The Twitterverse

I really didn't discover twitter until around 2010 and actually didn't open an account until early 2012. I myself rarely even tweet but my main reason for joining twitter was to keep up to date with breaking news because I am somewhat of a news junky. I follow CBS, CNN, AP, and various other twitter feeds of news organizations.  And having a smartphone with the twitter app makes accessing twitter that much easier. Some may think that twitter is dumbing us down because it require you to use 140 characters or less to convey your message. however I think when it comes to subjects like breaking news twitter is extremely useful when reporting on a developing story. Many news organizations will post links to pictures or live streaming video of the event has it happens.Of course not all feeds are managed wisely, for instance the AP feed is often filled with useless fluff stories but for news organizations like CNN and CBS who know how to manage their feeds correctly it can be a great way to keep the public up to date with whats going on.

1 comment:

  1. I think this a good entry, but it could be developed further. My big question: What makes Twitter so big among media consumers that it can hold down the title, "Twitterverse?" You said yourself that you were not so into Twitter until early 2012. What makes Twitter its own universe, in other words?

    ReplyDelete